Here's this morning's challenge question: A new Harris Interactive poll reveals that Americans are more likely to do THIS in December than any other month. Do what?
It's CALL IN SICK!
Almost had to carry this one over, we had so many good (but incorrect!) guesses...
Some more stats from the survey:
29% of employers have checked on an employee to verify that the illness is legitimate, usually by requiring a doctor’s note or calling the employee later in the day. Some employers have had other employees call a suspected faker (18%), and some have gone so far as to drive by the employee’s home (14%).
17% of employers have fired employees for giving a fake excuse.
And some of the excuses people come up with? Pretty creative...
- Employee forgot he had been hired for the job.
- Employee said her dog was having a nervous breakdown.
- Employee’s dead grandmother was being exhumed for a police investigation.
- Employee’s toe was stuck in a faucet.
- Employee said a bird bit her.
- Employee was upset after watching “The Hunger Games.”
- Employee got sick from reading too much.
- Employee was suffering from a broken heart.
- Employee’s hair turned orange from dying at home.
Megan got it this morning - and snagged a $30 gift card to Agway of Cape Cod!